|Title:||HR Business Partner|
For over 35 years Array has been delivering innovation in retail merchandising, point-of-purchase displays, open service systems, fixtures and floor stands. We bring brands to life by creating great retail experiences.
Due to significant growth, Array is in search of a Human Resources Business Partner, eager to accept challenges and foster a positive, collaborative team environment in a fast paced Environment. You will be based in Toronto and reporting to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner. You will provide professional advice and decision making support to a portfolio of management teams.
This role will also be responsible to help drive people strategies and manage programs to continuously improve service to business partners while proactively leading strategic and consultative HR services for assigned client groups.
In this position the ideal candidate should be ready to make change by being a trusted advisor and partner to the leadership in production business, while engaging in business strategy by helping leaders identify where their organization can invest resources to increase business performance. The Business Partner will also consult with the business group's leadership to provide workforce planning, organization design, employee engagement, succession planning, and organizational effectiveness. As a Business Partner you will also support the implementation and adoption of new programs by promoting effective change management practices within business groups.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support alignment and achievement of the organization's vision; business strategy and continuous improvement objectives through the HR change initiatives of client groups.
- Provide strategic Business Partner support and build strong relationships with leaders by establishing credibility and corresponding employee base within the production business group with a focus on HR Transformation.
- Work with business leaders to create individual and organizational HR plans and support business/HR initiatives.
- Ensure the timely and effective delivery of human resource core services, programs and initiatives by promoting and maintaining integrity and the highest caliber of service provision through data analysis and assessment.
- Collaborate with human resource team members to deliver quality strategic and operational advice and support to management and employees.
- Make recommendations to ensure alignment between people management and compensation practices (job evaluation, salary administration, compensation design, and performance management) within business strategy.
- Support the business with advice and counsel and ensure the integration of the HR strategy with the business strategy.
- Maintain a positive work environment fostering a fun and engaging culture and environment while demonstrating commitment to Array's core values.
- Lead employee investigations and resolutions for assigned business group employee issues.
- Recognize barriers to success and facilitate proactive dispute resolution that supports a performance driven culture. Use judgment supported by human resources acumen and practical experience to escalate matters as required.
- Provide both transformational advice on change management initiatives, organizational, departmental restructures, job role design, in order to improve cost and efficiency and to clarify accountabilities.
- Interprets and comply with relevant legislation (i.e. Employment Standard Act, Labour Relations Act) and provide coaching, advice and counselling to management.
- Work in partnership with Health & Safety Specialists and Managers to assist in driving a health and safety culture.
- 5+ years of experience Business Partner capacity.
- University Degree, with a focus in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Experience working in Manufacturing industry and plant work environments preferred.
- Current knowledge of Canadian HR Legislation and employment laws combined with the ability to interpret and communicate human resources policies and procedures, related legislation and regulations.
- Entrepreneurial mindsets with demonstrated success helping organizations transform from an unstructured environment to a scalable business model.
- Proven ability to create a culture of opportunity, transparency and trust that enables employees to deliver exceptional results.
- Exceptional relationship building skills with all levels of the organization.
- Able to provide confident consultative advice to management and employees on all aspects of professional development, organizational change and performance with business partners across multiple locations.
- Have proven ability to interact with all levels with comprehensive consultative, partnering, facilitating and influencing/negotiation skills.
- Have the ability to interpret conceptual or loosely defined business or project objectives.
- Possess strong integrity and credibility with the ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with strong sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational development experience and the ability to problem solve and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills plus the ability to work in partnership with Centers of Excellence on special projects or initiatives.
- A proven leader with experience in effectively managing HR programs and initiatives.
- Experience dealing with employee relations issues and investigations.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
- Strong coaching abilities.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Good business writing skills, including experience delivering HR programs.
Working knowledge of technology and the ability to leverage technology to build capacity.
It is the policy of Array to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who apply for employment at Array. If you need assistance or accommodations to interview because of a disability, please inform the Recruiter (Human Resources) in advance. Employment opportunities will never be denied to anyone because of the need for an accommodation.