For over 35 years, Array has been delivering innovation in retail merchandising, Retail displays, open service systems, fixtures and floor stands. We bring brands to life by creating great retail experiences.
Due to significant growth, Array is in search of an Industrial Designer.
- Staying abreast of trends, best practices, design technology (software/hardware) and materials/processes that are most commonly used within the industry through publications, tradeshows, seminars or conferences.
- Researching assignments to better understand the brand and consumer behavior as it relates to the design request.
- Preparing rough sketches, drawings, illustrations, floor plans, renderings, or presentations to varying degrees specific to the requirements and schedule of the assignment.
- Consulting directly with the Design Manager and/or Director or Sales Team to establish and evaluate assignment requests and deliverables at initial briefing.
- Working with the Design Manager and/or Director to evaluate the feasibility of concepts by considering practicality, aesthetics, budget, production cost/methods, and brand characteristics.
- Directing & coordinating the fabrication of models or samples as well as reviewing detail drawings developed from sketches or renderings.
- Collaborating with associates on the development and execution of design/engineering solutions to ensure design intent is maintained through the final phases of production.
- Creating assembly and part drawings of selected designs using CAD Software for prototyping, pre-production or production use.
- College or University degree/diploma in Industrial Design (or similar field) with at least 1-2 years Retail Design (or related) experience
- Strong design skills: ideation, sketching, concept generation
- Experience with Retail design is an asset
- Experience in developing ideas from initial concept to production ready designs
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate within team and client presentations
- Strong ability to multitask - involvement in multiple design programs simultaneously
- Proficient in SolidWorks, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Be exceptionally creative and possess an understanding of the design process
It is the policy of Array to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to interview because of a disability, please inform the Recruiter (Human Resources) in advance. Employment opportunities will never be denied to anyone because of the need for an accommodation.